The Education Commission assists, promotes and supports parishioners in understanding that the entire parish communion has responsibility for participating in the evangelization and teaching mission of Jesus entrusted to the Church. The commission's responsibilities include developing, promoting and evaluating programs that address all aspects of education and evangelization, in cooperation archdiocesan and parish staffs.
The Education Commission is responsible for seeing that the parish communion's teaching mission is addressed in ways that assist each individual to grow in faith throughout their life. Through the commission's committees, it determines programs that promote and support total parish education and formation. The commission supports the parish professional staff in working toward that goal.
The Commission's education responsibilities are to:
- Discern the parish's formation/education needs at all levels
- Assist in providing an array of information and formational opportunities for people at every stage of life.
- Ensure compliance with education directives, guidelines, norms and policies of the parish, Archdiocese and universal Church.
The Commission's formation responsibilities are to:
- Assist commission and committee members in their understanding of Church catechetical documents and best practices, emphasizing the lifelong aspects of Catholic formation in its broadest sense.
- Support the continuing education and formation of all education ministers according to Archdiocesan directives, guidelines, norms and policies.
The Education Commission includes interested parishioners and appropriate Pastoral Staff to address the educational and formational needs in the areas of:
- Adult Faith formation
- Catholic Schools
- Faith Formation/Catechetics
- Family Life
- Youth Ministry
- Young Adult/Campus Ministry
The Education Commission meets monthly. Everyone is welcome to attend.