Church no longer open in the mornings beginning Palm Sunday, April 5
Beginning Sunday April 5, Palm Sunday, the Church of the Transfiguration will not be open in the mornings, until further notice.
There are 3 reasons for this:
1. We will be celebrating the Triduum liturgies in the Church, and they are not open to the public this year due to restrictions because of the virus.
The Triduum liturgies will be live streamed on our Parish Facebook page:
2. We will be beginning a thorough cleaning of the church that week.
3. There is a significant presence of the COVID-19 virus in the Southfield area. It is our desire to keep everyone as safe a possible.
We are sorry to disappoint those who have come to pray, but we trust you understand.
The Bell Tower shrine will remain open.
Thank you for your cooperation!
EFFECTIVE Saturday, March 14th, all Sunday and Weekday Masses will be suspended in the Archdiocese of Detroit until Easter Monday, April 13th
***Church of the Transfiguration doors will remain open for prayer from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.***
Click Here for up to date information about Church of the Transfiguration's Response to the Corona Virus - Last Updated 4/2/2020 @ 11:00 am
For updates about the AOD's response to the Corona Virus visit - www.aod.org/emergencyresponse.
We are a Franciscan Body of Christ embracing all people through liturgy and service.
25225 Code Rd., Southfield, Michigan 48033 248-356-8787
Saturday, Apr 4 ---12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE
Saturday Vigil Mass: church open from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday church open from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Registration forms can be found in the Gathering Room and the Parish Office.
Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation and Marriage
Arrangements can be made by contacting the Parish Office.
When a loved one passes away, please contact the Parish Office regarding funeral arrangements.
STAFF (click on staff member's name for contact information)
- Fr. Jeff Scheeler, OFM, Pastor
- Fr. Jeremy Harrington, OFM, Associate Pastor
- Br. Philip Wilhelm, OFM, In-residence
- Amy Burgin, Parish Secretary
- Sharon Myers, Business Manager
- Diane Klucka, Director of Faith Formation
- Paula Hillman, Facility Manager/Bulletin Editor
- Charly Dowlatkhah, Maintenance
- Stephen Siemion, Music Minister
NOTES FROM THE DESK OF....
Posted in NOTES FROM THE DESK OF.... on 04/02/20
This is certainly not the Lenten season we hoped or planned for, but it ... Read More »
Posted in NOTES FROM THE DESK OF.... on 03/27/20
Just like you, the friars and the staff of Transfiguration are taking things day ... Read More »
Posted in NOTES FROM THE DESK OF.... on 03/16/20
During these days, we are doing all that we can to contain the spread ... Read More »